Date Issued: October 14, 2016
NIGHT WORK AND 5-DAY CONTINUOUS CLOSURE OF SANTA FE AVENUE FOR VIADUCT DEMOLITION
As part of the City of Los Angeles' Bureau of Engineering's Sixth Street Viaduct Project, an extended 5-day full closure of Santa Fe Avenue and night work will be required for Viaduct demolition and removal of Viaduct materials.
WHAT: Night Work and 5-Day Full Closure of Santa Fe Avenue for Viaduct Demolition
WHEN: Monday, October 24, 2016 through Friday, October 28, 2016
WORK HOURS: Continuous 24-Hour Work Shifts, Monday through Friday
Including intermittent overnight demolition
WHERE: Santa Fe Avenue, between East 6th Street and Willow Street
(see reverse for map)
• Santa Fe Avenue will be closed to through traffic during this construction activity
(Please refer to detour map and follow detour signs for alternate routes)
• Northbound Santa Fe Avenue will be detoured at 7th Street to northbound Mateo Street
• Southbound Santa Fe Avenue will be detoured at Mateo Street to southbound Mateo Street
• Local access to businesses and residences will be maintained at all times
• Demolition of existing viaduct structure
• Processing and haul-off of demolition debris
• Heavy equipment will be used including: excavators/backhoes, front-end loaders, trucks, and jackhammers
• Directional signage and Traffic Control Officers will be used to safely direct vehicles and pedestrians around the construction zone
• Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the construction work zone
SANTA FE AVENUE DETOUR ROUTE
Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
Work activity is subject to weather conditions.