Date Issued: November 17, 2017
NORTHBOUND DIRECTIONAL CLOSURE ON MATEO STREET FOR STORM DRAIN INSTALLATION
As part of the City of Los Angeles' Bureau of Engineering's Sixth Street Viaduct Project, the contractor, Skanska Stacy and Witbeck (SSW) and its subcontractors will be implementing Northbound directional closures and temporary parking restrictions on Mateo Street to complete the installation of a storm drain.
WHAT: Northbound Directional Closure and Temporary Parking Restrictions on Mateo Street for
Storm Drain Installation
WHEN: Monday, November 27, through Friday, December 15, 2017
WORK HOURS: 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
WHERE: East side of Mateo Street between E. 6th Street and Willow Street
(see reverse for map)
• Northbound Mateo Street will be closed between E. 6th Street and Willow Street
o See map on reverse for detour route
• Left turns from eastbound 6th Street to northbound Mateo Street will be prohibited
• Parking along the east side of Mateo Street near the Sixth Street Viaduct Project site will be prohibited
• Partial sidewalk closures on the east side of Mateo Street will be required.
o Pedestrians will be detoured to the west side of Mateo Street where necessary
• Southbound Mateo Street will remain open to through traffic during this construction activity
• Sawcutting, excavation, storm drain installation, backfill and street restoration
• Heavy equipment will be used including: Excavators/backhoes, jackhammers, front-end loaders, and trucks
• Local access to businesses and residences will be maintained at all times
• Directional signage will be used to safely direct vehicles and pedestrians around the construction zone
• Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the construction work zone
Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
Work activity is subject to weather conditions.