Date Issued: December 23, 2016
EXTENDED CLOSURE OF CLARENCE STREET FOR VIADUCT FOUNDATION CONSTRUCTION
As part of the City of Los Angeles' Bureau of Engineering's Sixth Street Viaduct Project, an extended full closure of Clarence Street is required for Viaduct foundation construction.
WHAT: Extended Full Closure of Clarence Street for Viaduct Foundation Construction
WHEN: Ongoing through Saturday, January 7, 2017
WORK HOURS: 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Saturdays
* Intermittent start times as early as 5:00 a.m. may be required for concrete pours
* No work will take place on U.S. holidays
WHERE: Clarence Street, between Jesse Street and approximately 150 ft. north
of the Sixth Street Viaduct (see reverse for map)
• Southbound Clarence Street will be detoured at East 6th Street to southbound Anderson Street
• Northbound Clarence Street will be detoured at Jesse Street to northbound Anderson Street
• Local access to businesses and residences will be maintained at all times
• Excavation, and installation of new Viaduct foundations
• Heavy equipment will be used including: Excavators/backhoes, drilling equipment, front-end loaders, and trucks
• Directional signage and/or flagmen will be used to safely direct vehicles and pedestrians around the construction zone.
• Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the construction work zone.
Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
Work activity is subject to weather conditions.