DATE: April 13, 2015
Who: The Sixth Street Viaduct Replacement Project is being led by the City of Los Angeles Bureau of Engineering. Intersection improvements are being managed and performed by Skanska/Stacy Witbeck Joint Venture (SSW), and its subcontractors.
What: Work crews will implement the first phase of intersection improvements to accommodate traffic during bridge construction. Intersection Improvements will include:
- Sidewalk and corner reconstruction
- Traffic signal improvements
- Street lighting improvements
- Street widening (Jesse Street only)
Work Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
*Additional night-time work hours will be required for street re-striping (1-night only)
Intersection Improvement Locations and Dates
April through June 2015:
- 3rd and Central
- 4th and Central
- 5th and Central
- 6th and Central
- 3rd and Alameda
- 6th and Alameda
- Jesse and Santa Fe
- Jesse and Mesquit
June through August 2015
- 4th and Pecan
- Whittier and Soto
- Whittier and Boyle
- 7th and Boyle
- 6th and Mateo (Traffic signal work only)
Jesse Street Roadway Construction on-going through June 2015:
- The north side of Jesse Street will be widened from Santa Fe to Mesquit
* One lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained during street widening.
Work Details: Sawcutting, concrete demolition, installation of new sidewalk, asphalt paving, installation of new traffic signals, roadway striping, and Installation of new signage. Heavy machinery will be used including excavators/backhoes, front-end loaders and trucks.
- Directional signage and/or flagmen will be used to safely direct vehicles and pedestrians around the construction zone.
- Local access to businesses and residences will be maintained throughout construction activities.
- Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the construction work zone.