CONSTRUCTION NOTICE - UPDATED
Date Issued: July 14, 2016
SECTION OF MISSION ROAD CLOSED
FOR SIXTH STREET VIADUCT DEMOLITION ACTIVITIES
As part of the City of Los Angeles' Bureau of Engineering's Sixth Street Viaduct Replacement Project, a section of
Mission Road, between Jesse Street and East Sixth Street, will be closed to allow for removal of viaduct materials.
Local access to businesses will be maintained at all times. No demolition will take place during nighttime hours.
WHAT: Extended Closure of Mission Road for Viaduct Demolition
WHEN: Monday, June 27, 2016 through Saturday August 13, 2016
• 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
• 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Saturday
WHERE: Mission Road, between Jesse Street and East Sixth Street
(see reverse for map) ¬
• A section of Mission Road will be closed during this construction activity. Please refer to detour map and follow detour signs for alternate routes.
• Southbound Mission Road will be detoured at East 6th Street to southbound Anderson Street
• Northbound Mission Road will be detoured at Jesse Street to northbound Anderson Street
• Demolition of existing viaduct structure
• Processing and haul-off of demolition debris (night work)
• Heavy equipment will be used including: excavators/backhoes, front-end loaders, trucks, and jackhammers
• Directional signage will be used to safely direct vehicles and pedestrians around the construction zone
• Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the construction work zone