Date Issued: July 19
UTILITY RELOCATION ON MISSION ROAD AND E. 6TH STREET
As part of the City of Los Angeles' Bureau of Engineering's Sixth Street Viaduct Project, the contractor Skanska Stacy and Witbeck (SSW) and its subcontractors will be relocating overhead utilities to underground on Mission Road and E. 6th Street.
WHAT: Utility Relocation on Mission Road and E. 6th Street
WHEN: Monday, July 24 through Thursday, August 31, 2017
WORK HOURS: 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
WHERE: Mission Road and E. 6th Street between Willow Street and Jesse Street
(see reverse for map)
• Traffic lanes will be temporarily shifted to one side of the roadway
• Mission Road will be open to thru traffic during this construction activity
o Note: Mission Road may still be closed due to Bureau of Sanitation sewer repair. For more information regarding this closure, please visit: www.lacitysan.org
• Overhead utilities will be relocated from overhead to underground
• Sawcutting, excavation, conduit installation, backfill, and street restoration
• Heavy equipment will be used including: Excavators/backhoes, jackhammers, front-end loaders, and trucks
• Local access to businesses and residences will be maintained at all times
• Directional signage will be used to safely direct vehicles and pedestrians around the construction zone
• Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the construction work zone
Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
Work activity is subject to weather conditions.