UPDATED CONSTRUCTION NOTICE
Date Issued: July 19, 2018
CURB AND GUTTER INSTALLATION ON E 6TH STREET SOUTH FRONTAGE ROAD
As part of the City of Los Angeles' Bureau of Engineering's Sixth Street Viaduct Project, the contractor Skanska Stacy and Witbeck (SSW) and its subcontractors will be installing new curb and gutters, and reconstructing portions of the pavement on the E. 6th Street south frontage road between Mateo Street and Santa Fe Avenue.
WHAT: Curb and Gutter Installation on E 6th St. South Frontage Road
WHEN: On-going through Friday, August 30, 2018
WORK HOURS: 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
WHERE: E 6th Street south frontage road between Mateo Street and Santa Fe Avenue
(see reverse for map)
• Through traffic will be intermittently detoured to Willow Street and Jesse Street
• Eastbound 6th Street will be detoured at Mateo Street to eastbound Jesse Street
• Local access to businesses and residences will be maintained at all times
• K-rail (concrete barriers) along E 6th Street south frontage road will be removed prior to the start of construction
• Construction activities will include the installation curb, gutter and pavement along the south side of E 6th Street
• Heavy equipment will be used including: Excavators/backhoes, jackhammers, front-end loaders, and trucks
• Directional signage and or flagmen will be used to safely direct vehicles and pedestrians around the construction zone.
• Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the construction work zone.
Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
Work activity is subject to weather conditions.