Date Issued: September 26, 2016
NIGHT WORK REQUIRED FOR VIADUCT DEMOLITION OVER RAILROADS
Night Work Required to Avoid Service Disruption on Active Rail Lines
QUESTIONS? Call the Project Hotline at 213-400-8398
As part of the City of Los Angeles' Bureau of Engineering's Sixth Street Viaduct Project, the contractor Skanska Stacy and Witbeck (SSW) and its subcontractors will be performing night work for Viaduct demolition over railroads to avoid service disruption on active rail lines.
WHAT: Night Work for Viaduct Demolition Over Railroad Tracks
WHEN: Continuous Work on the Following Weekends in October
• 8:00 p.m. Friday, October 7 to 6:00 a.m. Monday, October 10
• 8:00 p.m. Friday, October 14 to 6:00 a.m. Monday, October 17
• 8:00 p.m. Friday, October 21 to 6:00 a.m. Monday, October 24
HOURS: Continuous 24-Hour Work Shifts, including overnight demolition
WHERE: Sixth Street Viaduct over Railroad right-of-way west of the L.A. River
(see reverse for map) ¬
• Demolition of existing viaduct structure over railroad tracks
• Heavy equipment will be used including: excavators/backhoes, front-end loaders, trucks, and jackhammers
• Directional signage will be used to safely direct vehicles and pedestrians around the construction zone
• Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the construction work zone
Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
Work activity is subject to weather conditions.